Friday, June 24, 2011

Closing chapters

I think I finally got the affirmation I needed yesterday! Someone who has been helping me out with my zooxanthellae problem told me this, "Your Master's project sounds both very interesting and very relevant for the environment,".

:D

With that much needed encouragement, I'm now more determined to find a way to get my zooxanthellae culture up and running and hoping that I'll have enough findings to be able to submit an abstract for the 12th International Coral Reef Symposium in 2012! Dateline for submission of abstract is October 2011. (>_<)

がんばって!

Work was also done pretty early today so I managed to come home with enough energy to clear my room and finally unpack my island luggage. Clothes are now stored properly in wardrobes and the floor is pretty clean of dust. I think I've finally closed that chapter on island life and accepted that the time now is for Master's. I still have some mixed feelings about this but moving forward is the way to go~

Lankayan and Reef Guardian, you are dearly missed everyday and you'll always have a special place in my heart. God-willing, I will be back, bigger better faster stronger as a better marine biologist. You just watch. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment