Thursday, November 3, 2011

There's so much to be thankful for

Seems like tanah tumpahnya darahku loves me! Last month I was awarded a full scholarship under Malaysia's founding father's name, much to everyone's delight. :)


The funny thing about this was that during the same week I got the good news, I also got to know that I didn't make it for another scholarship. I was pretty upset since I thought that I stood a pretty good chance for that one, while for this, I barely got a chance to open my mouth to talk during the group interview. :-/

But hey, miracles happen! I've no idea how I got it, but it's really good, with all sorts of allowances to make postgrad life more comfortable. I can pay back my parents the money they loaned me for the first semester's fees (MyBrain15's funding still hasn't come through. Meh.) and finally get some new stuff that I need. AND there's allocation for research and extra allowance should I choose to do an internship/industrial training during my course of study.

My mom was rubbing the "I told you so!" in my face, but for once, I didn't mind. It's been a tough walk of faith...and I'm glad that my faith didn't fail me.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! :D So happy to hear the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ssankyu~ This also means I can afford to belanja the next time I set foot in KL! ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!! Must be a relief! :)

    ReplyDelete