Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Keep moving forward

I think Van watches the coolest movies, although most of them are discovered belatedly. :)

Meet The Robinsons is definitely all heart! You get an orphaned boy, who loves inventing, fails but KEEPS MOVING FORWARD. That was the message that strikes me the most because if one stops after failing, then things will never get done, nothing will ever be discovered and the world will be a much sadder place.

Anyway, in the movie, said boy got transported into the future, gets to meet a really wacky family who treats failure as a cause of celebration, got introduced to a bad guy and had to save the day (and this is where the twist in the story is).


I guess this movie might also be a tribute to Walt Disney as there was a quote from him at the end which I really really like:
"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."
And with that, I leave you with a song from the movie soundtrack which will probably be playing on a loop for the next few days:

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Yay, you watched it! It really was as good as my sisters say but I'm a bit biased against animated movies. I nearly always find them a real waste of my time but this one's a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you watched How to Train Your Dragon? It's a good one too! (in relation to animated movies)

    ReplyDelete