Tuesday, July 19, 2011

From the sea to the river

Went for regatta training yesterday. It was brutal. (+_+)

No, it's NOT like sea kayaking. Although the sea can be rougher, but kayaks are lighter, the paddles bigger, and you get to use both sides of your body. The "dragon boat" that we used felt heavy and if you don't angle the paddle properly, you'll end up splashing the person directly behind you. Or flooding the boat. Both are definitely not very nice options. :-/

However, since I'm not diving on a constant basis, regatta training is one way I can keep my body active. Working in front of the laminar flow is as active as sitting in front of the computer. (=_=) As much as I am beginning to love the labs I work in, I still like being outdoors. I guess this is one of the side effects of my previous island job.

Well then, bring on more trainings! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment