Saturday, February 18, 2012

Wanderlust

As I bid farewell to the last of my oldest friends as she leaves for Melbourne, I once again feel a strong desire to fly off to distant lands. The only problem is that whenever I feel like this, it is accompanied with a severe sense of frustration as I have no idea how I'll ever quench this lust.

Oh, and because I seem to be forever stuck here and everyone else seems pleased about it except me, so I have to put up a facade of eternal happiness.

Well. I suppose there is an element of joy in what I currently do, but honestly, I'm running out of friends (let's not even talk about "like-minded friends") and making new ones takes time and a lot of effort. Not that I mind, but as I have always observed, in small cities like Kuching, where everybody knows everybody, cliques have been formed and it's almost impossible to join one. Especially if you've been gone for five years and lost touch/switch interests with most friends.

Ah well. So help me, God.

3 comments:

  1. You have me, I may be the other side of the world but we can still be friends! And one day yuo can come to visit the UK. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes Emma, looking forward to that (whenever that might be!).

      Delete
  2. most of my friends flew off elsewhere already... i only have a couple of close buddies besides the workmates in KK... they only come back around Christmas or CNY... D= Time to make new friends.

    ReplyDelete