Monday, February 21, 2011

Divine inspiration

Well. Since I got tired of clearing the cobwebs out of my old blog, I decided to "move house" instead. I randomly will feel the need to blog, but it doesn't come very often. :-/ Tumblr was okay, but I still think that a proper blog is still the thing to turn to. Ranting/story-telling on Facebook isn't very polite to those who couldn't be bothered with my life, so... :)

Last night I had a pretty long chat with a friend on Facebook, and somehow, it turned into trust in God. I was telling her a lot of things, and frankly, I was surprised with myself. This is the second time I shared about trust (the first with Jess during a pre-CNY meet), and that time Jess expressed her amazement at what I said. 2010 was probably one of the worst years in my life, but I think God helped me grow so much that year. And everything that I learned made me into the person I am today - a much calmer, trusting person who has grown in faith in God. Well. At least that what I'd like to think of myself, haha!

Anyway, last night. I felt like God was speaking through me to this friend in particular. It was a pretty weird experience, being able to say the right things and help someone to lift their troubles to God and reassuring them that God loves them and won't want anything bad to happen to those He loves! Actually, as I typed that down last night, I felt reassured with it as well, because that was just what I needed to hear. Fancy that, coming from myself, lol. There was a another topic I was initially writing about that led to this trust issue, and THAT was also very relevant to myself. I didn't really think like that before, but as I typed it all down, I figured that it was probably lingering at the back of my head already, and last night I was finally able to put it into words.

*Phew!*

It's been a long time since I cranked out something this long. But I really needed to put it down before I forget about this moment. I'm normally not so holy-moly, haha. It is embarassing sometimes because I'm always afraid that I'll say something wrong. 

Okay then, that's it! I've to get back to work (proof-reading a WWF report). I may or may not update this blog often, hahaha~ So no need to check back too often. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment