Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Recesky TLR DIY camera!

It arrived today!! *Whee~~*


However, as I was looking through the contents, I was a little disappointed to see the instructions in Chinese. With me being a banana, I had to play the guessing game and rely on the pictures. :-/ 

Ching chong ling long ting tong!

I also read the Recesky TLR tutorial guide on Lofico while making it but since they only showed how it's supposed to look like, the shutter assembly took nearly an hour.

A bit later on I found out that there are some manuals online which has been translated to English. They are actually based on a Gakkenflex manual (the "original" DIY TLR) but since the Recesky is based on them, they do pretty well! (Source: here and here

There's also a video on how to fix in the shutter springs (the bane of my existence at that time) here.

Three hours and pretty red and sore fingers later, I've gotten it up and running!! :D

Yeah, I can't wait to get pictures with this effect, lol

I know, I know, I can tweak pictures without getting toy cameras like this. But hey, I really enjoyed the DIY (minus the hour of troubleshooting the shutter assembly!) and it is dirt cheap online. A shop at OneJaya, Kuching is selling the kit at RM140 but I got it on the LYN forums for a mere RM50 *cues evil laughter*.

So, I am very very pleased with myself today. ^^

After this, proper old-school film pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment