Saturday, March 12, 2011

No tsunami

Today I woke up to find that the island is still where it's supposed to be and everyone is alright and well. So much for the drama and over-reaction from the guests last night. Everyone was jittery (including yours truly) but by 10PM, most of us were bushed and ready to snooze.

Well, I'm really thanking God that nothing major happened in our area. Yes, there were big waves and all and the sea still looks one-sided to me, but other than that, all is well. Everyone is safe. The transport boat could go out this morning and life goes on. Prayers and concern go out to the Japanese people especially IYC pals and host families that took us in. I'm glad that the Aichi prefecture isn't affected asides from quake tremors. I sure hope that the death toll won't be as high as the event in Aceh a few years back.


p/s: Just got news that the transport boat was unable to come back in today due to the rough sea condition. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment